Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Black and White Wednesday - Old-school Swinging

This tire swing is hanging in a huge tree a couple blocks from my house. The house with the tree/swing is the original farm house that once owned a good chunk of the property in what is now a suburb of nearly 50,000 people. A farm house, huge tree, and an old-fashioned tire swing all surrounded by vinyl clad McMansions with $3000 swingsets. I smile every time I drive by.

I still remember some of the huge spiders we found hiding in our tire swing!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes its the more simple things that stand out in our memories and had provided the most fun. This tire swing is easier to dissemble and relocate compared to the McSwingsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tire swing is so enjoyable. It brings back some childhood memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of my childhood. I love all your compositions! This one's terrific too!!

    ReplyDelete